109 Eve St
At the Veggie Park Farmers Market, you will find fresh, seasonal, organically-grown items from all-local farmers combined with a serious depth of eat/cook/grow education! This market is held every Tuesday, April-October. Address is 109 Eve Street, Augusta.
- GEORGIA FRESH FOR LESS – SNAP DOUBLING PROGRAM – Yes! We double your EBT/SNAP benefits, in partnership with Wholesome Wave Georgia.
- FRUIT & VEGGIE PRESCRIPTION PROGRAM (FVRx) – Run in partnership with the Harrisburg Family Healthcare clinic, Wholesome Wave Georgia and student volunteers from the Medical College of Georgia.
- “NOURISH” AND “EAT LOCAL” COOKING EDUCATION – Cooking educators offer free cooking demos and samples, all focused on increasing vegetable intake and deliciousness. In partnership with local chefs, educators and the Georgia Farmers Market Association.
- VEGGIE-CENTERED SUMMER KIDS MEALS, FUN & GAMES – Free and super healthy summers kids meals made with veggies grown and prepared at Icebox Urban Farm with help from Westabou Montessori School.
- VEGGIE GARDENING ADVICE – Every market day includes free vegetable gardening advice with Georgia Master Gardener volunteers.
- KITCHEN UTENSIL GIVE-AWAYS – Volunteers with the Georgia Food Oasis of Georgia Organics sponsor a give-away to help you build a healthy supply of solid kitchen tools.
- COMMUNITY COMPOSTING – Bring your bag or bucket of veggie scraps to drop off at our community composting area called “Sibley Soilworks” and receive a free gift every time!
- LOCAL FOOD MICROBUSINESS INCUBATION – We provide work spaces, marketing support and guidance for several local food microbusinesses in the neighborhood. Come support them … and G.R.O.W. Harrisburg!