As expected, with the joy of the holidays comes the stress of the holidays. Trying to find time for cooking, shopping, decorating, and communing with friends and family can lead to some tension and headaches. So, it is also a time for some self care and spoiling. Take a moment from your busy schedule to make and enjoy a nice, fulfilling breakfast for yourself. It will start you off on the right foot for crazy day ahead.
- 4large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2cup freshly grated pecorino
- 1/4pound bacon, chopped
- 3tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450° F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks, placing the egg whites in a large bowl and the yolks in a small bowl.
- Season the egg whites with salt and pepper. Using a whisk or a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in cheese, bacon, and chives. Create 4 mounds of egg whites on the prepared baking sheet and indent the centers of each to look like nests. Bake until slightly golden, about 3 minutes.
- Carefully add an egg yolk to the center of each egg white cloud. Season yolk with salt and pepper. Bake until the yolks are just set, about 3 minutes more.