“Owning Life Fully: Healthy Dinner, Supportive Community and Book Discussion
Join Aiken-Augusta Holistic Health for an evening of Blue Zone food, book discussion, food prep demo, information about Augusta Locally Grown, and slides from a trip to one of the “Blue Zones: 9 Lessons for Living Longer” (Buettner, National Geographic Society.)
Menu (using as much locally-sourced ingredients as possible):
– Ikarian Stew (vegan
– Southwest Stew (choice of chicken or vegetarian)
– Avocado & Quinoa Salad
– Winter Caesar Salad
– Sourdough Bread
– Simple and Healthy Dessert (with demo)
– Herbal Teas
Program Will Include:
– Blue Zone Dinner
– Presentation: A Week in Ikaria (Blue Zone) – Janna Malchow
– Food Prep Demo – Karen Cota, RDN, LD, CDE
– Discussion of “Blue Zones” – Robert Pendergrast, MD
– Wrap Up and Action Steps – Gail Pendergrast, CPC
We encourage you to get your copy of the book and read it before you attend, but reading is not necessary in order to enjoy this event.)
Next dinner and discussion will be April 25th! Mark your calendar! Details coming soon!
You will be directed to a different website to purchase tickets.
Registration may be required.