Augusta Locally Grown seeks candidates for the position of Executive Director. Now in its 12th year, Augusta Locally Grown is a 501c3 nonprofit organization growing a more healthy, sustainable & economically robust local food system throughout the CSRA.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
This is a full-time contracted position to start February 2020.
The Executive Director will oversee the management of the organization’s core programs while building administrative capacity for the future. The full-time position will work from her/his home for approximately 75% of the time; approximately 25% of the time will be working at markets and running market programs on Tuesdays.
The job description would include four focus areas:
1) Oversee the administration of the ALG OnLine Farmers Market
2) Oversee the administration of the Veggie Park Farmers Market
3) Oversee and run the Georgia Food for Health Program
4) Lead Fundraising, Grant Writing, Board Management & General Admin
This full-time position will pay $40,000/year for 2020, without healthcare nor other benefits at this time. The opportunity exists for this position to grow in scope and pay scale.
Requirements for this position include:
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in grant writing and reporting
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in community-based programming
• Experience engaging diverse populations, including those marginalized by income, race, gender, age, creed, orientation, disability and/or health
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field such as nonprofit management, nutrition, public health, agricultural promotions, sustainable food systems, economic development, business management, adult education, or other
• Supervisory experience of staff and/or volunteers
Preferred candidates will also have:
• Experience developing and maintaining local & regional community partners
• Work or volunteer experience within the local food system of the CSRA
• Knowledge of sustainable food systems and growing practices
Augusta Locally Grown does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status or political affiliation in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing staff, selection of volunteer and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, student interns, contractors, farmers, vendors, customers and program participants.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• cover letter
• 1 professional reference, name, phone, email
• 1 personal reference, name, phone, email
Applications will be accepted until January 22, 2020.